Do you tell yourself, I’m not smart enough. I am not good enough, no one to assist me if I’m stuck and don’t know what to do.
We all feel inadequate, unsure or unworthy at some point in time. It’s how we deal with these feelings that determines how far we can go with our careers. When you come to the realization that we all face fear at some point, the fear diminishes.
Why do we fear:
- ….who will laugh at me if I fail? Give it a try. Some people may be rooting for you.
- Past failures and disappointments.
- Maybe you know of someone who attempted and failed. Where they landed is in a less favorable position than before.
Ways to lessen the grip of fear
- Attempt to maintain positive thoughts.
- Listen to motivational material every morning and stay encouraged.
- Find and make new friends. The kind of friends that are uplifting and positive energy.
- Desire to live a life of self-improvement, empowerment and a charitable spirit. Believe in giving back to help others. As you find that friend, it could be an internet buddy, meet up groups, support group.
- Most people are afraid of change. I certainly was. But life and business are all about embracing change. If you are afraid of failing — or succeeding — at your own business, just think about how you’ll feel if you didn’t try.
I at times thought of myself sitting in a rocking chair 80 years old and reflecting on life. Thinking I do not want to be a person thinking of what I should have done but say to myself, I had the courage to try. Win or lose, I tired.
Because failure is not when you try and not reach your goal, but failure is when you quit all together.
Failing does not make you a failure. Giving up does.
I love the scripture, “do not fear, for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 46:10
Fear will keep you from your destiny. Don’t allow it to hold you back from your dreams.
There are times when the one we love has past one and they could have been your sole support system. I encourage you to press forward and make all attempt to accomplish your dreams. In turn, make that loved one proud!